Monday, April 4, 2011

Freeride Comp and End of Ski Season- Almost . . .

This weekend Jedd and I had the opportunity to do a comp with some of our friends at Moonlight Basin in Montana. It was a huge success and lots and lots of fun! 
There were smiles all around! We couldn't keep them off of our faces as adventure after adventure happened again and again throughout the day.
This comp was super fun. I didn't win, but I skied a hard line and learned so much just from watching and talking to the other competitors and the judges.  

 After we all had skied we were able to relax and feel proud of the challenges that we overcame.
 Shae and I were a little extra excited, if you can't tell ;). I felt so many emotions this day, ranging from raging butterflies in my stomach, super stokage, gripping fear, confusion, triumph, relief, excitement, wonder, and gratitude to make it out safe.
Skiiing truly has been something else this winter. I was able to cross a line that I've been stuck at for a years, and push myself to much greater heights (literally). I learned so much control, both physically over my skis and mentally over my fear and judgement, and found a better balance between skiing and life. I was able to enjoy the moments more completely, check some goals off, and progress spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.  

1 comment:

Megan Hollenback said...

you are awsome! sounds like a super successful and great winter. your pictures just show me how much youve improved you are so brave!!! i look up to you a lot katie in many different ways. but seriously, you are good at EVERYTHING.